At the end of Episode 34 of #believethehype, we finish on an oldie-but-a-goodie track of ‘Aaron Carter – That’s How I Beat Shaq’. I watched the video on YouTube and at 1min13secs into it, my world was rocked, there’s a random kid sporting a Bryant Reeves Vancouver Grizzlies Jersey & not only that, he looks like a young version of Big Country!
If you’re a long-time listener to the show, then you’ll know that i’m a huge fan of Reeves & even own the exact same jersey, so to come across this is borderline one of the top-5 things that has happened to me this week (slow week).
It makes me ponder a few questions…
- “is that Big Country’s son?”
- “If so, does he get called Little Country?”
- “If it’s not his son, is this a joke that the directors wanted to play because he looks so much like Big Country?”
- “How come the only non-Lakers jersey in the video is a Bryant Reeves Grizzlies jersey?”
- “I wonder if they asked Bryant Reeves to initially be in this song, but then Shaq swept in last minute to take the lead?”
And many, many more…