A round-up of news featuring our top Aussie ballers.
* Sports Illustrated with an excellent feature on Ben Simmons.
* Dante Exum signs with adidas.
* Michael Regan from Catapult, the Australian athletic tech company, joins TrueHoop for a fascinating discussion on what the NBA can learn from other sports such Aussie Rules football in relation to resting players and injury prevention.
* Andrew Bogut is likely out for the season with a fractured rib. Devastating.
So, if he suffered the initial blow in a game against the Nuggets last week, then why was he playing in this game against the Blazers (with the aide of a pain-killing injection) when the Warriors had already secured a playoff berth? He should have been shut down until the postseason (I mean, even the Atlanta Hawks were resting their key guys down the stretch). They’ve dropped the ball again.
* TrueHoop’s Ethan Sherwood Strauss on what the Bogut injury means to the Warriors.
* Ben Simmons was named Junior Player Of The Year by MaxPreps.
* Aron Baynes soaking up the Texas sun.
* At number 25 on Zach Lowe’s list of the things he liked and didn’t like from the 2013-14 season, is Patty Mills’ pull-up 3s in transition. Check this: “Patty Mills does not care what the score is. He does not care if there are three defenders already back on defense. He does not care if a teammate is open under the rim. He does not care if Gregg Popovich might cut him out of this summer’s wine-tasting tour. If Patty Mills is bringing the ball up in transition, he is going to pull up for a 3-pointer, and you are just going to have to accept it.”
* The guys over at TrueHoop TV Live had an interesting discussion about Andrew Bogut’s value (at the 34:25 mark). Worth a listen.
* Andrew Gaze and Luc Longley weigh in on Patty Mills’ future.